Kingston Teachers’ Training College
Kingston Teachers’ Training College offers two year B.Ed. course following the approved syllabus of the affiliating University which includes Foundation subjects, Educational psychology, Music, Fine Arts, Art & Craft, Physical Education etc. along with the following method subjects:
- Physical Science
- Computer Science
- Life Science
Eligibility- as per NCTE norms
Intake- 100 FOR SESSION 2018-2020
- Candidates should be Graduates in a school subject from a recognized university.
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (General) / or in the Master’s Degree in School subjects are eligible to apply.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Science and/or Mathematics, with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are also eligible for admission. Such candidates are required to enter the marks of B.E/ B. Tech. in the row of Honours Degree. M.E. / M. Tech result (if any) will be entered in the Master’s Degree row.
- Honours Graduates in school subject should enter the Honours marks only in the row of Bachelor’s degree (Honours).
- In case of General Graduates, the total marks obtained in general subjects should be entered in the row of Bachelor’s degree (General).
- For Deputed Candidates, merit list will be prepared separately for each school subject based on length of service.
- The Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PWD (Minimum disability 40%) candidates will be as per Govt. Rules. Relaxation of minimum qualifying marks will be as per Govt. rules.
Career Prospect: Candidates with B Ed degree are eligible for appointment as assistant teachers in various government as well as private secondary and higher secondary schools. Apart from schools, graduates and postgraduate with B.Ed. degree have many other employment avenues as educational consultants, teachers of different coaching centres, private tutors etc.
In this respect it is worthy to note that the Government of India has invested Rs 22,500 crores during 2016-2017 to strengthen children’s primary education with increased allocation under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (2016-2017)
Approval and affiliation-
- Affiliated To : The West Bengal University of Teachers Training Education Planning and Administration(WBUTTEPA) , Kolkata [WBUTTEPA/AFFL/B.ED/2018/15078]
Recognized by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education)
Related link : http://www.ercncte.org/b_ed_west_bangal.html